Saturday, March 15, 2008

Do You Know Someone?

Sorry to sound vague - but Do you know someone who is experiencing a hard time - maybe they are going through a tough financial period (aren't we all!) or someone who is ill or maybe someone who is just needing a good shoulder to lean on? So many times I just sit on a park bench somewhere or a seat in the city and watch people go by and wonder who they are and where they have come from.
Sometimes I try and picture what they are feeling as they either rush past or stroll by; where are they off to? Do you ever do that? It can be quite therapeutic to know we are not alone in this big crazy world.
Then I wonder how much better this crazy planet Earth would be if I - yes 'ME' ... just did one favour for one of those lonely or even 'rushed & stressed someones' out there. Maybe even for the person rushing to get to work on time to meet a deadline. Follow them and greet them at work with a coffee in hand or just open the door for them to make their journey quicker. They might think you are strange but it will make them wonder. This is a great way to give yourself a rush of good cells through your system. It doesn't take much and yet we avoid it or just think it is too much trouble at times to make that little effort.
I can remember, without sounding like I am patting myself on the back, but merely giving you an example; when I was in a Fabric store and a tradesman had obviously been given a job to buy something for his wife in his lunch break. We had to line up with our goods and take a number. He was three behind me and was obviously panicing about the lineup. I only had one more to go in front of me and I was not in a hurry. I thought about it and it ate away at me for a moment then I asked him if he would like to swap numbers so he would be next to be served. He was quite amazed and very appreciative, and I was elated - it gave me such a rush!
It doesn't take much, and yet even when we think about it at times we tend to take the easier road and stay in line just like all the rest and not carry it through. Think how much better the world would be if we never hesitated ... I'm all for making this crazy self-centred world a better and more loving place to live - HOW ABOUT YOU? TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK? WHAT WOULD YOU DO?
?

No comments: